Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ISLAMANITY - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ISLAMANITY > Topics

Subject: Deut. 18:18
Replies: 24 Views: 2188

salam05 21.01.09 - 02:42pm
S9B8doF1G7FmmhR2DIRT.jpg upon those who follow the guidance.

Who has been Prophecied in deut. 18:18? @levifex. *

684247 23.01.09 - 07:34am
Prophet Muhammad(saw) nod.GIF *

salam05 23.01.09 - 09:08am
chairshot.GIF the question supposed to be answered by levafex. @68 *

mishy_23 23.01.09 - 09:55am
Im telling u he ran away... *

684247 23.01.09 - 09:57am
punch.GIF salam *

levafix 26.01.09 - 08:49am
Not muhummad *

mishy_23 26.01.09 - 08:53am
Den who...?? *

salam05 26.01.09 - 10:51am
Im not askin, 'who is NOT mention in deut.18:18.' i m askin who IS mention in that... *

levafix 27.01.09 - 10:27pm
I first of all have to apologise to all. I made a dreadful mistake in one of the topics. The prophet mentioned was not Joshua as i previously thought but Jesus Christ! What makes you say that this verse refers to muhummad? Theres nothing in there that refers to him. Please dont use the brethren theory or the comforter one as they are invalid! *

mishy_23 28.01.09 - 08:35am
No i wont use dat. I wud use many other theories inshaALLAHU Ta'ala. But u 1st tell me how it refers to Isa (a.s) i mean Jesus (pbuh) *

salam05 28.01.09 - 01:37pm
First of all, i want to say why i ask dis...
I found xtians are not in agreement wid each oda regardin dis verse of deut.. Firstly, leva said, 'the prophet mention in deut. 18:18 is John the baptist PBUH. Den he said, it is Joshua PBUH.. Now he is saying, the person mention in that verse is Jesus PBUH.. In religion forum, i heard from a christian that it was Elijah..lol.
That was the thing which is somethin confusin about christians. *

salam05 28.01.09 - 02:05pm
Now come to the Prophecy...
Levafix said now.GIF, that this Prophecy is about Jesus... (most of the christian say the same). Now let me ask few things..
1.The prophecy is about a Prophet. And as far as i know, christian dint believ that Jesus PBUH was a Prophet, rather they think that Jesus PBUH was God. Calling him a Prophet, is an insult for Jesus, accordin to the xtians (i've heard this in religion forum, many times). So, either you hav to accept that Jesus PBUH was a Prophet, or accept that this prophecy is not for Jesus PBUH. (heads i win, tails u loss).
2.The Prophecy said that, 'i shall raise them up a Prophet'. This the word, which god said in this Prophecy. So if Jesus was God, then why dint he said 'i will come myself, in a body lyk you.' Rather the God, in this Prophecy, is talkin about a third person. The Prophecy doesn't say that the God will come in his another form or lyk this. So if you accept this Prophecy to b for Jesus, den you would've to deny the concept of trinity.
3.The Prophecy mention that 'the Prophet will be lyk Moses'. I dint think that Christian believ that Moses was lyk God. Is that was so hard for God to directly mention that He himself will incarnat in his Trinity lyk form. So, if Moses was lyk Jesus, as mention in the Prophecy, den Jesus was not God. Coz Moses wasn't God nor he was lyk God.
4.The Prophecy mention dat God will put His word in his mouth... So which god is puttin his word in whose mouth. Of course not in his own mouth.
5.Prophecy mention that the Prophet will preach all what God said to him... So, why prophecy dint said that i'll preach my own commands.

The fact of the matter is that you hav two option only.. 1. Either accept that Jesus PBUH was not God but a Prophet, or 2. This Prophecy is not for Jesus PBUH. *

levafix 28.01.09 - 10:26pm
Yes i accept Jesus as a prophet...and as a king of kings, and as God, and as my saviour, and as lord of all,and as my high priest,and as my comforter,and as my helper, and as my shield, and as the bread of life,and as THE ONLY WAY TO GOD! If you read the prophercie you'll see that it says that he will be like Moses! Moses was in direct contact with God, and guess what so is Jesus! Muhummad only had contact with Gabriel,he never saw God ONCE! SO HOW COULD THIS APPLY TO MUHUMMAD? *

levafix 28.01.09 - 10:28pm
Look uo the meaning of the word, its means ONE WHO IS SENT! JESUS WAS SENT! THEREFOR IT APPLIES TO HIM! *

levafix 28.01.09 - 10:35pm
What does the trinity have to do with this? To answer your q bout why God wasnt refering to himself read John 1 vs 1. Its says that Jesus was the word and the word became flesh! Meaning Jesus is the word of God! What ever Jesus speaks God speaks therefore they are one and the same! *

mishy_23 29.01.09 - 04:55am
Oh! Den u mean if i go to bro salam and say dat leva said dis n dis n quote wateva u said exactly, den it will mean dat i am actually u in da form of a girl! WOW! Datz so cool!! Leva u shud be awarded da noble price 4 theories!! *

levafix 29.01.09 - 12:03pm
Ok let me put it to you this way. The sun provides us with light and warmth. Now if we replaced the sun with God and the light with Jesus and the warmth with the holy spirit youll see it all makes sense. Different things yet from the same entity! JESUS is the light of the world and the Holy Spirit is the warmth that can be felt and not seen. Hope it clarifies things for you...AND THIS IS AN EXAMPLE! *

mishy_23 29.01.09 - 12:19pm
its still confusing...kaz da light nd warmth r da properties of sun. Da sun wont b da sun widout light n warmth. *

salam05 29.01.09 - 02:14pm
What i was thinkin is that u'll reply to my comments in a good way... Thats why i've given the whole of my comments in points, so that u could reply point by point... But again the silly type of replies..
Its not just about the word 'Prophet'. The prophecy says ''i shall raise them up a Prophet..''
Even a primary school student can understan dis lyn.. Who is sayin?.. The answer is 'God'... To whom, God is sayin this?... The answer is 'Moses'... About whom, the God is talking?... The answer is 'a Prophet'.... IS THAT SO HARD TO DIGEST IN THE MIND... Or christians hav a habit of understandin a statement in different sense.. Suppose, a father is sayin to his son, ''i shall send your mother to your school''.... I wonder in what sense the christians understand this.lol... Suppose if the father himself came... The child would think, 'why my father said otherwise'... Its all about common sense, which christians lack in the field of religion n belief. *

salam05 29.01.09 - 02:17pm
And stop giving silly examples.. Coz i kno u'll apply it for only strengthenin ur belief, but if another person apply this to his faith den its wrong... *

mishy_23 29.01.09 - 03:41pm
i think its of no use talking to hm bro... He is showing silly points. *

levafix 29.01.09 - 04:16pm
Good mishy! U got it! The prophet is Jesus accept or dont! *

salam05 29.01.09 - 04:26pm
We accept him as God's servant, already... La ilah illah* Muhammadurrasulullah* Isaa ruhullah*
And 4 u, leva, i would say ur a good example of the verse ''fi qulubihim maradh'' i.e. In their heart is disease... Illa Mashaa Allah. *

levafix 29.01.09 - 11:39pm
You sure it aint refering to muhummad? *

maxfc 30.01.09 - 12:59am
I agree bro salam. *

* ISLAMANITY Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ISLAMANITY

Create Your Own App Store

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits