Create Your Own App Store

* ISLAMANITY > Topics

Subject: Comparison btw Qur'an n Bible
Replies: 4 Views: 1570

salam05 29.01.09 - 03:18pm
In the name of Allah...

God's power:
Genesis 32:28:

Then the man said, ''Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, [a] because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome.''

Quran says:

Surah 22:74:

They measure not God with His true measure; surely God is All-strong, All-mighty.Would you rather worship the God of the bible who gets over come by man or worship a God that cannot be overcome by anyone or anything? That being the only true God, the God that revealed the Glorious Quran.

Can God be Seen?

*Bible says:

Genesis 32:30:

30.So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, ''It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.''

Exodus 24:9,10: 9.Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up 10 and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of sapphire, clear as the sky itself.

These verses contradict with...

Exodus 33:20 :
''But,'' he said, ''you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.''

1 John 4:12 : ''No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

Quran says:

Surah 6:103 :
''No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision: He is above all comprehension, yet is acquainted with all things.''

Would you rather worship the God of the bible who is finite enough to be seen by a man or worship a God that is so infinite that cannot be seen by any human being due to our limited senses? That being the only true God, the God that revealed the Glorious Quran.

GOD'S DESCRIPTION

Bible says:

2 Samuel 22:9,11 :
9.Smoke rose from his nostrils; consuming fire came from his mouth, burning coals blazed out of it.
11.He mounted the cherubim and flew; he soared [a] on the wings of the wind.

Quran says:

Surah 6:93 :

''And who is more unjust than he who forges a lie against Allah,

Surah 42:11 :
There is nothing whatever like unto HIM, and HE is the All-Hearing, the All-Seeing.

Surah 16:74 : Therefore do not give likenesses to Allah; surely Allah knows and you do not know.

I have no comments, anyone with common sense could easily identify which is the true portrayal of God. *

684247 31.01.09 - 05:12am
reading2.GIF *

diana007 22.04.09 - 12:52pm
Do muslims also have commandments to live by that are given by God? What are they? *

ahlam84 22.04.09 - 02:45pm
COMMANDMENTS:
This term is not specifically used in the Qur'an. However, after reading the Qur'an 1 learns the injunctions contained therein.
1. To believe in 1 God.
2. To honor & respect parents.
3. To honor the human rights of all people, regardless of their religion.
4. Be charitable, but do not be prodigal..
5. Do not kill except for justifiable cause.
6. Do not commit adultery or fornication.
7. Safeguard the possessions of Orphans.
8. Deal with others with justice.
9. Be pure in heart & Mind.
10. Be humble & unpretentious.
11. Do not backbite.
12. Do not be a scandelmonger.
13. Do good deeds for the love of God.
14. God loves those who forgive.
15. God is with those who patiently persevere.
16. Help your neighbor. *

levafix 22.05.09 - 08:34am
Does allah ever mention that he loves muslims? And how does he portray this love? What does it take it enter the heaven of muslims? *

* ISLAMANITY Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ISLAMANITY

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits